The Benefits to Becoming a Certified Women-Owned Business (WBENC)
In August, Professional Employer Resources Inc. (PER) became certified as a woman’s business enterprise by The Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC). Founded in 1997, WBENC is one of the nation’s largest third-party certifiers of businesses owned and operated by women in the United States. Women-owned businesses that are WBENC certified such as PER can compete for real-time business opportunities provided by WBENC corporate members and government agencies throughout the country. Certain criteria must be met to become WBENC certified such as:
- Applicant company must be 51% owned and controlled by women who are U.S. citizens or permanent legal residents
- Daily operation and management is controlled by one or more of the women
- Applicant must meet WBENC standards through a review of documentation presented and a site visit interview with the female owner(s)
The Benefits for PER Clients
Corporations and government agencies are showing their commitment to encouraging continual diversity among their programs by including women-owned businesses among their vendors. There are many benefits to working with a WBENC certified business including:
- Increased access to suppliers and procurement executives at hundreds of major U.S. corporations that accept WBENC certification
- Additional community support among WBENC certified Women’s Business Enterprises (WBE) that extends to their clients
- Access to a wealth of resources that your business can capitalize on such as capacity development, training, mentorship, and more
- Increased network of professionals that allow the WBE to provide enhanced products and services for current and future clients
PER’s certification will help open up new channels of revenue and create partnerships which will provide opportunities that help fuel our client’s success.
Partner with Us
Building a partnership with a professional employer organization (PEO) that is WBENC certified will provide incredible benefits for your business. Professional Employer Resources (PER) has 20 years of experience in the PEO industry and can assist you with your administrative needs such as payroll, human resources, employee’s benefits, workers compensation, and more!
We are a leading provider of HR services for small and medium businesses who pride ourselves on the professional knowledge we embody to help improve your business functionality. Contact us on the web or call us today at 888-599-4990 for more information and to receive a cost-free analysis.
If you are interested in joining PER as a WBENC certified business and your company meets the WBENC certification standards, you can register on WBENC’s website and complete an online application, sending in all required documents requested.